Unified Communications: Reflections of 2011 and Trends in 2012
January 31, 2012 @ 09:52 AM | By James Whitemore
Bob Wise, executive vice president of West IP Communications, was recently interviewed by Susan Campbell of TMCnet. Topics of discussion included reflections of 2011 and trends to expect in 2012. The interview gave Bob an opportunity to speak to some of the wonderful successes we’ve achieved over the past 12 months while also giving a look ahead at what we plan to accomplish this year.
Here are some of the highlights from the TMCnet interview:
- West’s acquisition of Smoothstone and POSTcti have greatly extended our service offerings and global reach.
- Partnerships with Microsoft and Cisco have allowed us to advance our unified communications offerings, giving us the flexibility to meet growing customer demand for cloud-based applications. In fact, last year we launched both Microsoft Office 365 and VoiceMaxx CE (based on Cisco HCS platform).
- Awareness of the cloud and the adoption of cloud-based communications and hosted telephony will continue to grow throughout 2012, and we’ll be there to support the demand with an expanded set of services and solutions.
Bob was also recently featured in a Virtual Strategy Magazine article focusing on the growth of cloud-based communications services in 2012. In it, he touches on key drivers for fueling the adoption of cloud services this year, including:
- A shift from job reduction to increased productivity
- Replacement of aging and outdated PBX infrastructure
- Continued evolution of mobile technology and lifestyle