Two Is Better Than One
March 31, 2011 @ 12:09 PM | By Sarah Murphy
This week I got to thinking about famous partners like Batman and Robin, Cagney and Lacey, Inspector Gadget and Penny, although now that I think of it, Penny always solved the mystery on her own. Managing video conferencing systems and services can be a mystery that needs a good partner to help navigate it all.
According to ABI Research the global market for managed video conferencing and telepresence services will grow to $1.2 billion by 2016 from its current $512.5 million. Why so much growth? Well, as companies embrace video technology more and more, there is a service and support component to it all that sometimes isn’t part of the initial plan.
For example in some companies, their IT department resources are stretched while their end users are looking to support the investments made in communication systems. The IT staff needs to keep pace with emerging technology, which is not always their focus nor in their budget. A video managed services partner is prepared to take the extra load off the IT staff and provide the following:
- 24x7 monitoring
- Remote management of endpoints and infrastructure
- Monitoring and scheduling service
- Bridging and gateway services
- Recording and archiving
- Event management
- Help desk services
- Maintenance of hardware and software upgrades
- Design, installation, integration and training services
So how about a partner? Our video managed services provide an end-to-end managed video solution that incorporates the list above and:
- Full suite of video systems
- Infrastructure for multiple environments
- Centralized management tools
- Integration with external devices and productivity tools
Do you have internal support for video conferencing and telepresence systems or are you thinking about a partner?